Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mr Ong Weds

12 December 2008

After a few hours of sleep, I was awakened by a request to go for a lunch buffet at East Coast Park. Since the buffet meal is only available in the weekdays, I dragged myself out of bed.

The restaurant is "Ju Shin Jung" Korean Charcoal BBQ Restaurant. Not counting Seoul Garden, this is my first authentic Korean style buffet. It makes me feel cheated by Seoul Garden after trying out Ju Shin Jung.

The waitress first arranged the whole set of appetisers and vegetables on the table before grilling the meat platters for us. The service is terrific, giving customers a feeling of supremacy. She would then return to our tables and cut the meat platter up into smaller servings. I'm so going to Ju Shin Jung, again.

Later in the afternoon, headed to the Registry of Marriage at Fort Canning to help Mr Ong capture his special day in photographs. That's where I saw Mrs Ong for the first time.

The couple and their families went in and got a queue number. We then entered the waiting room where the names of the couple were flashed on a screen. When it's Mr Ong's turn, we entered the room. There, the solemnisor informed the couple of the importance of marriage and both stood to say "I do". I was so busy trying to snap every single moment down into memory that I didn't hear all the conversations. They signed the papers, exchanged rings and kissed! As a photographer, I told them to hold it there. And I heard a young girl saying "gross". Haha.

At 6pm, we proceeded to JuChunYuan (聚春园), Spring Restaurant for Mr Ong's wedding reception. The restaurant is home to the original "Buddha Jumps over the Wall" dish. We were treated to a classy cuisine dinner.

At the end of the dinner, Mr and Mrs Ong did the Chinese tradition of offering tea to their elders and receive their blessings. The journey has just begun.

Dashed back to RC office for meeting and went for some supper. That ended the "good food" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.