Friday, December 19, 2008

3 Meetings in a Day

17 December 2008

After weeks of anticipation, students of Bedok North Secondary School Service Learning Club (BNSS SLC) finally had their first committee meeting. Next year, these vibrant students would be organising a forum. I was surprised when I reached the Community Club and see nearly all the students already seated together and waiting for me. I'm glad to be mentoring these enthusiastic student leaders.

Had our meeting in the conference room and took a photograph of the students so that they can remember the moment when they made their first step onto this project.

Immediately after the SLC meeting, I dashed to the National Library for my second meeting for the day. The National University of Singapore Political Association (NUSPA) is organising a policy debate competition. I picked the post of Publicity Director for the organising committee to expose myself to a different jobscope. Besides design, I think I would be up to task!

As we adjourned, I met Hock Rong at Plaza Singapura to introduce one of my favourite dishes to him. The Keppa-Tei stall (hope I didn't remember wrongly) in the Kopitiam foodcourt serves the best Chicken Terriyaki set ever! The juicy Terriyaki Chicken with the great sauce soaked by the rice. The shiny egg yolk that calls for you to finish it in a gulp. Fantastic.

We had our second serving at Long John Silver. A cup of hot clam chowder to go along with a fish combo set that we shared. We then returned to the CC for the next meeting.

Later at 8.30pm, the 3rd meeting commenced. I am honoured to sit in the constituency's Chinese New Year Dinner organising committee as a member. I learnt a lot from the seniors and had fun.

Hock Rong randomly took out a basketball from the office and a group of us started playing it. Brings back all the secondary schoolday memories...

1 comment:

  1. yes i am good. just came back aussie, now working at my father's company. how are you? =)

    anyway, if you think the McFlurry portion is too small, I think you should just feed back to them, because most of them are really crappy.. In this case, you allowed them to cheat you more than what you paid. =D

    ReplyDelete

Please share your feedback and comments.