Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Emergency Preparedness Day Preparation

22 December 2008



At 3pm, I represented Zone '3' RC to attend the EP Day emergency exercise rehearsal. SCDF came with a rhino, a combined platform ladder and a pump lorry. Despite it being an emergency exercise rehearsal, the SCDF displayed professionalism and good discipline. I enjoyed conversing with some of them.

After the drill, my Uncle and I went door to door to inform affected residents of the exercise and promoted upcoming events. We took almost 3 hours to complete one entire block. Even though my throat went totally dry and sore, I enjoyed the visits due to the enthusiasm expressed by the residents. Also, Uncle managed to sell some of the Chinese New Year tickets. The most challenging part of selling tickets is always the final part of asking the residents to purchase. Different people do it differently and it is interesting to learn.

Took a quick dinner and then rushed to MPS. There was a Christmas exchange of gifts after that. Some of us proceeded to guess the content of the wrapped gifts under the mistletoe. Wei Kiat had fun meddling with the gifts. Uncle Wong made good attempts. Jovina won herself a tissue box and staple bullets!

I felt so bad that Hock Rong couldn't join in the gift exchange due to my miscommunication...

1 comment:

  1. Yoong Kheong,

    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas & a Properous New Year !^o^

    ReplyDelete

Please share your feedback and comments.