Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas with Hong Kong Exchange Delegates

25 December 2008

If not for my parents, the snoozling alarm would never wake me up this morning. At 8am, I checked with Jonathan if he wanted to join us but he declined as he still needs some rest. Lin Qiang was sleeping, so he could take care of Jonathan. Hock Rong was the man of the match - he had drank alcohol before the night cycling, and while we slept, he uploaded photos to FaceBook!

My parents ordered the traditional breakfast set at the Kopitiam, and it didn't miss George's snaps. The Christmas Party that we were attending was organised by Eunos Zone 3 RC. The bus ferried us to MusicPoint @ SAFRA Tampines.

Hock Rong and I had planned to sing at the event. We had even selected our songs and it was a pity that they were not in the list. Nevertheless, we sang 孤单北半球 and 痴心绝对. Being my first time singing to a crowd onstage, I can still remember the trembling of my whole jaw muscles.

Not used to the short span of sleep, George was seen dozing off from time to time during the event. When we returned home, I brought Jonathan for lunch at Prata shop while George and HR took their naps.

I could sense that George is a nature guy, so we headed to the Southern Ridges. And indeed, George brightened up a lot. There was a plant that reacted to music and we were all absorbed into it.

After hiking for a distance more than 7km, through HortPark, Alexandra Arch, Forest Trail, Henderson Waves, Mount Faber Park and Marang Trail, we finally visited Vivocity!

There we enjoyed free delicious Beard Papa cream puffs, thanks to Hock Rong's connections. For dinner, we settled at Seah Im Food Centre.

Looking forward to visiting them in Hong Kong in February 2009!

Photo Credits: George Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.