Sunday, July 07, 2019

Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Professional Fellows Program (Spring 2019)

This is a compilation of my once-in-a-lifetime Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) Professional Fellows Program (Spring 2019).

The program brought me to visit the United States of America for the first time in my life. During the 6 weeks' stay in the US, I had the chance to visit Washington DC and was based in the City of Chicago for 4 weeks. At Chicago, I had the chance to work in Metropolitan Family Services and learn they support families and build strong communities. From Chicago, we also had the chance to visit nearby places such as Springfield, Illinois; New Berlin, Illinois; Village of Barrington; the City of North Chicago; and Madison, Wisconsin. 

Special Thanks to US Department of State for the opportunity; American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL) for delivering a robust schedule for the program; Ric Estrada, CEO and President of Metropolitan Family Services for hosting me at the organisation for 4 weeks; ACYPL alumni who facilitated our placements and arranged our visits and meetings; colleagues and friends we met in the US; and most importantly, the 23 other ACYPL Professional Fellows (especially Ivy, Yasmin and My who were also in Chicago with me) who made the experience the way it couldn't be any richer.

There are too many people to thank, and I hope, in a way, that my blogposts had done justice in showing appreciation to each and every one of them.


Pre-Departure


Orientation Week in Washington DC

Placement in City of Chicago

Springfield and New Berlin, Illinois
Madison, Wisconsin

City of Chicago
City of Chicago
City of North Chicago
City of Chicago
Washington DC (Memorial Weekend)
Professional Fellows Congress
Home Sweet Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.