Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Singapore PMTA Mandarin Toastmasters Chapter Meeting

10 March 2009

Was invited by Angie to help out as a Table Topics Master at her Toastmasters Club chapter meeting. The fact that I am an English Toastmaster did not affect her decision to invite me. I gladly accepted the challenge and turned up at Textile Centre at 7pm.

This is the first chapter meeting I attended that is not held by my club. I arrived early and made some new friends. There, I found out that PMTA stands for Professional Manipulative Therapist Association. The club has now only 2 of them from the association, while others come from various walks of life.

Due to absentees, I also helped out as the timer. I was rather affected when the Club President, both in his opening address and closing speech, talked more about the company than Toastmasters. The chapter meeting was held at the office of an American MLM company.

The theme of my Table Topics segment was on Women since the past Sunday was International Women's Day. It was a fun experience interacting with the members.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.