Sunday, February 08, 2009

Eunos Lunar New Year Dinner

1 February 2009

Went New Year visiting to Baohui's place. Her toddler cousin, Jewel, was self-entertaining and as a result became an entertainment to us. I think it a pity that Baohui did not take up Early Childhood as a study since she like children so much.

Baohui also showed us some of the plastic models that she created in her lab experiments. Unfortunately, I had to leave early for my Remedial Training at Bedok Camp.

When a combat fit operationally ready National Serviceman fails his physical test, IPPT, he is bounded to sign up for Remedial Training, a 8-week period of training. Chee Lee was a good companion, answering all my queries on RT.

RT is seriously a very demoralising activity. Most of the participants looked spiritless, reminding me of the first few weeks of SISPEC where everyone had yet to come to terms with not being able to enter OCS. I regretted not committing enough to clear my IPPT, and promised myself never to step back into RT again next year.

Immediately after RT, we dashed back home to prepare for the Eunos Lunar New Year Dinner. I'm honoured to be able to sit in Arthur's committee in organising this gathering for grassroots volunteers and residents of Eunos.

More than 300 of us enjoyed a delicious yusheng as we yelled wishes for the new year.

I managed to capture precious memories with Chee Lee's semi-SLR camera. They include the flexible acrobat who nearly could help to change the bulb for us:

and the agile camouflaged man who could place the lid over bowls with his legs:

Eunos Zone '3' RC members were ingenious to reuse the backdrops used for the event to decorate the entrance to the carpark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.