Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Being Appreciated with ... Food!

18 January 2009

Due to my involvement in the organising of the Toastmasters International District 80 Semi-Annual Convention Welcome Dinner, I was invited to an appreciation lunch at MusicPoint @ SAFRA Tampines.

A whole lounge was reserved for the function. Hock Rong was invited to attend to "observe" our Toastmasters event. Both of us, together with Adelene, clustered together and formed the youth voices for the day.

I was surprised to receive an appreciation letter from the hands of the District Governor Goh Wei Koon DTM. I played a minor role as a member in the organising committee for the welcome dinner, yet I was appreciated for my work in front of the many experienced toastmasters who contributed to the convention as a whole.

This is one of the many things I like about Toastmasters. In every competition, in every meeting, Toastmasters put in the extra effort to ensure that everyone is being appreciated, irregardless of the amount of contribution. As a result, everyone feels good and valued.

Later at 7pm, Mr Pang Loo Sen PBM treated grassroots leaders to dinner at Hua Yu Wu (华裕园) restaurant for our contribution to the success of the Emergency Preparedness Day. It was a major constituency effort which drew in more than a thousand residents.

I was excited to know that Eunos Civil Defence Executive Committee had won the title of the best CDEC in Singapore this year, the 6th consecutive year.

你喝LeBar?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.