Monday, January 05, 2009

The 2 Places I Dread the Most

30 December 2008

There are 2 places which I hate going to. They are the Airport and the Hospital. And I went to one of them today.

I have sent quite a handful of people away from the Airport ever since my Secondary schooldays. The transparent glass that divides the leavers and the stayers leaves the only communication channel open between tearful eyes and moving lips.

Likewise, trips to hospitals can never be a good thing. When visiting patients, the pain they are suffering makes one feel for them, but no matter how much empathy you have, you can't reveal them. I always had to put on a trembling smile and forcing back tears in order to worry others. The sight of other patients also injects some uneasiness into one.

In the evening, I went to Kg Chai Chee CC for the speechcraft competition. I was quite contented with my photo of the CC, which was used as the background for the certificates. Was the photographer for the event and enjoyed using the camera as a weapon to yield in smiling faces and nervous stares.

After Toastmasters, went jogging with Hock Rong round the Bedok Reservoir and enjoyed the oily Chicken Chop at the coffeeshop for supper...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.