Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Brace Yourselves for the Storm

22 October 2008

As I open my eyes gratefully to be able to see the morning sun, the grimy economy news in The Straits Times didn't bother me much. The reporters seem to be copying and pasting the same bad news everyday for the past week. The difference perhaps lie only in the company/country being inflicted with the bad economic flu.

After collecting a deposit from a client and processing his printing job, I received a couple of calls regarding request for quotation for various printing jobs. It's that time of the year again. So little wonder why I would get such a shock later in the evening.

It's totally unfair that Lin Qiang already started receiving "Navy News" Magazine. I didn't even had one before enrolment!

After a healthy dinner with a hilarious slapstick movie "The Big Hit", I went downstairs to attend my RC meeting. Over the next 2 hours, the topic of an adverse economy popped out from time to time. One member said that companies are starting to tighten their belts and retrenchment would definitely start next year.

After the meeting, the coffee shop discussion couldn't escape the mention of the economy as well. People from different industries and various walks of life painting the gloomy picture for the coming months or even years. That's when I got a shock, not a very big one but it definitely had its impact.

I remember some wealthy soul mentioned that recessions are periods when the riches in the world are redistributed. As we tighten our belts, we should start thinking of how we can leverage on this impending crisis since recessions don't come so frequently and hopefully this will be the last to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.