Friday, October 16, 2009

An Encounter with the Other World

I used to envy people who can see ghosts. Yes, it sounds real weird. To some extent, it might turn out to be a case of hypocrisy because when ghosts do appear to haunt me, I would highly likely regret wanting to see them.

The number of times that I feel their presence are really just a handful.

Most recently, I was using the urinal at toilet in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences of the National University of Singapore, when something quirky occurred. The basin was facing the urinals. One of the automated tap started to turn on by itself.

Initially, I thought there was someone else in the toilet, but when I turned around, there wasn't anyone. Washing my hand with the adjacent automated tap, I looked at the spooky tap in disbelief. "That would make good blog content," I thought, taking out my mobile phone, ready to video the phenomenon.

Guess what? The moment the camera mode was on, the tap shut off. Tap malfunction? I don't think so.

The Chinese believe that spirits can appear in the form of insects. There is this cockroach flying around in my house these few days. It was quite a disgusting sight to see it circulating in the airspace at my living room, above my head. And then all of a sudden, it landed on the altar. The next moment, the cockroach vanished.

Immediately after Father's funeral rites, I was totally drained out and fell into a deep sleep. Moments just before dawn, I dreamt that Father was by my side and telling me that he's hungry. I woke up to find that I was immobilised. I felt that someone was grounding me to the bed. It was not unbearable. Instead it seemed like a gentle hug. Shocked (not fearful since Father won't harm me), I yelled for Mother who was awake. No response.

After a minute of immobility, I finally was able to get out of bed. Dashing into Mother's room, I asked her if she heard my over-the-top yelling. She didn't.

We started serving larger portions of food at the altar and I never had such dreams anymore. I wish I had more, so that I know what's happening on the other world.

The world really needs to know what occurs on the other world. But until then, we will just share these interesting experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.