Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Volunteering at the MPS as a Petition Writer

18 May 2009

After jogging at the usual spot -- Park Connector, I left home early for the Meet-the-People-Session. During the last market visit by Mayor Zainul, I got to know Pristine, who is staying in my zone. Kept in contact with her and was happy that she's keen to volunteer at the MPS.

As I was early, I decided to take up my first case as a petition writer. Just nice, Pristine came and observed the session. I used to think that as a petition writer, you need to know all the government policies. After my first session, I realised it is more important to offer a listening ear and help the resident to include important details in the letter.

Pristine blended well with the environment and with other volunteers, so I went on to meeting other residents...

Hock Rong brought an exotic-looking Japanese Green tea - flavoured Kit Kat. It was the most tasty combination of green tea and chocolate I have ever tasted in my life. Both flavours blend well together in a fusion so seamless and smooth and the taste just lingers in the mouth after consumption!

As it was the day of the new session of Parliament, it was late when Mayor came to the branch. At about 2am, all letters were finally signed and everyone chatted as we folded the letters. This is the best moment of the day, knowing that the pile of letters will help so so many residents.


If you are keen to do your part in volunteering and serving the community, check out http://www.youngpap.org.sg !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.