Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Egg Colouring & Drawing (DIY) Contest

11 April 2009

The contest was organised by the Kg Chai Chee CC Women's Executive Committee (WEC) at Kg Chai Chee CC hall. It was open to children from Kindergarten to upper Primary level. I was glad to have the opportunity to emcee the event.

At 1.30pm, parents lined up to register their children for the contest. There were 3 groups - Group A (K1 and K2): to colour on the given drawing; Group B (P1 and P2): to colour as well as design easter eggs on the given drawing; Group C (P3 to P6): to design their easter eggs.

After registration, parents helped their children lay out their drawing materials. Some even brought small tables.

When I was young, I loved colouring. My parents always accompany me to colouring contests organised by various organisations. I once won a top prize for my colouring of a bowling alley at a family day event organised by my Mother's company.

As the emcee, I kept having to request for parents to return to their seats and not to communicate with their children. They were so anxious to pass comments to their children, so I asked them to have faith in their children's artistic talents.

After the submission, there was a balloon display by "Mr Lightning Finger", who was lightning fast in sculpturing balloons, most of the time without looking at the balloons as he folds them. His works include Elmo, Donald Duck, Bear with heart, Bugs Bunny, etc.

And the winning pieces:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.