Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Lucky start to an Auspicious New Year

Day 3 of Chinese New Year

Went to pray at 托塔院 (tuo ta yuan), a temple situated at Geylang. While waiting for my turn to pray to 太岁爷 for blessings, some droplets of red ink sprinkled upon me. 2 drops, each landed on my elbow, with an additional drop on my offerings. Apparently the priest, while stoking the brush in my direction, caused it to happen. The strange thing is no one got it, and when it was my turn to go to the front to listen to the chanting, no red ink either. Could this be good luck (Red = luck)? The fortune cookie that I ate at the temple revealed a message predicting good fortune in investing in blue-chip stocks this year. Cool!

My Family later went to Loyang Tua Bek Gong Temple where upon entering, the staff handed to us free copies of newspapers, featuring but of course the sensationalised scandal of Edison Chen.

After the prayers, visited Gordan house. Since everyone was playing BlackJack, I caved in to please them. Beginner's Luck is awesome. At my peak, my ROI was 100% (S$20 from S$10). At the last round, I decked in all of my earnings since I do not wish to keep money earnt from gambling. Well, lady luck was on my side. BlackJack.

For the later part of the night, my friends and I went watching Kungfu Dunk. Never thought the game could pay for my movie ticket plus tidbits.

Day 4 of Chinese New Year

Andrew gave some of us a ride to Mr. Jia Yuan's place in his BMW. Mr. Jia Yuan had recently just procured his own 5-storey apartment which came with an underground basement carpark for his BMW Z4 Cabriolet. He gave red packets in a rather unique fashion. All the guests were gathered to the living room where he then asked everyone to "lucky draw" the red packets. In them were minimum S$2. S$10, S$50, S$100 and S$1000. Well, I find myself lucky to be a recipient of S$100. Seems like this year is going to be a good year ahead for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.