Friday, April 06, 2007

The Cat outside my Bathroom

Forgetful me have to wake up early in the morning to visit my friend's place to retrieve an exercise book that I forgot to bring back with me.


As I open the bathroom door after bathing, I was stunned by a stray cat. My first gasp wasn't "What the hell is a cat doing at my place" but "Are my hamsters dead?".

I attempted to outflank the cat to reach the kitchen door and shut it inside the kitchen so that it doesn't run to the other rooms. However, the cat was frightened by me moving towards it, and it dashed out of my house door.


Luckily, the hamsters were all alive and sleeping. The cat remained at near my doorstep.


Some Chinese believe that spirits can come in the form of animals or insects to visit living people, mostly with good intentions. A few years back, an exotic bird flew into the master bedroom. My whole family was amazed and did not disturb it, allowing it to stay till it decided to leave. On another occasion, a bird built a nest on the bougainvillea plant and laid eggs. Many baby birds hatched out of the egss and chirped every now and then. I believe it was the same bird that built the second nest a few months later.

I went out and carried the cat back into the kitchen. After patting it and it brushing my legs, I gave it some food.




It was really hungry. After finish feeding on the meat, I then led it to the lift and back to the first floor.
I would have been keen to keep it since fate brought it to appear at my bathroom door. But it would not be welcomed by the family so it had to return to the streets...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.