Monday, May 31, 2010

Parents Day Celebration - Humorous Nite 2010


15 May 2010

Bought a ticket from a Toastmaster from Braddell Heights CC Mandarin Toastmasters Club few weeks back. Despite the tiresome day, I felt it was impolite to miss this event, so off I went to Telok Blangah Community Club.

I used to dislike attending dinners, especially when I don't know the people seated around me at the table. It's two hours of interaction and I'd usually run out of topics to chat about. Then we'll end up in a situation where you look at me and I look at you and we praise/criticise the chef.

Perhaps practice makes perfect. Now dinners have become a gathering of sorts.

The event was organised by Telok Blangah Community Club & Singapore-China Business Association. The programme for the night included a wine appreciation talk and humorous speeches by Toastmasters.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.