Thursday, March 11, 2010

Speaking in Praise - The Toastmaster Spirit























24 February 2010

I attempted my 2nd Advanced Toastmasters Project - Speaking in Praise.

This is an exceptionally tough topic and I explained why it was so in my speech.

Asians are far more reserved in singing praises than their Western counterparts. It's easy to sing a short praise but to speak in praise is not.

I arranged for the Toastmaster of the Day to describe the setting - It was year 2025 and Kg Chai Chee Toastmasters Club is celebrating its Silver Jubilee. As part of the celebrations, past Presidents were asked to share their Toastmasters experience.

I spoke in praise of our Charter President Sim Lai Ngin, ATMB/CL, on how dedicated and committed she was to the club and to the development of its members. I dedicated my speech for her and entitled it as "The Toastmaster Spirit".

I could literally feel my face burn after uttering the mushy words, but on hindsight, it was a great avenue for me to extend my appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.