Tuesday, November 11, 2008

22nd Birthday

10 November 2008

As I was busy digging my heads flipping through the thousands of pages of books for my Chinese Politics essay due on my birthday, suddenly Lin Qiang dashed out from the bedroom and wished me.

Apparently distracted away from my essays, I started to reply to all the well wishes sent by friends in FaceBook. Now, I have a beautifully decorated FaceBook Wall.

I am proud to be born in November, the month of the Scorpio. In the previous Eunos CC YEC Meeting, Jialing and Rahayu gave the November babies a "surprise" birthday celebrations. It was amusing how Jialing contacted me asking for Treasurer's claim for the birthday cake and how she informed me one week in advance about the celebrations. Nevertheless, these 2 girls really are thoughtful!

It's quite rare to find someone sharing the same birthday with you. For me, I now know of 3 - Elin, Jasmine and my cousin.

After successfully completing and submiting my essay, I finally cleared my burden. Since I didn't receive any gifts this year, hopefully my lecturer can grant me an A. Instead of a much-desired nap, I decided to volunteer at the Meet-the-People Session (MPS). To my astonishment, I realised that Jasmine and I share the same birthday! Jasmine is a PCF Kindergarten teacher who had taught my brother, elder cousin and a friend.

Since the PCF teachers had bought a cake for Jasmine, it was my privilege to join in the celebrations. Mayor Zainul took a video of us as the song goes. Despite the fact that the time was way past midnight (the room's clock is still at 9 o'clock), it brightened up my otherwise dull day. Partying with the Party!

Everyone was in awe when they heard that Mayor Zainul is now in FaceBook. And that led to everyone adding one another in FaceBook.

After MPS, went to MacDonalds with Hock Rong again and returned home at 7am.

I would like to thank everyone for their well wishes, especially those who fought to be the first to send me and those who managed to be the last to send me. Any belated gifts would be appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.