Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fond Food Memories from the Army Days

16 July 2008

Went to grab some bite before a late dinner. Had a $1 popiah at the coffeeshop right opposite Serangoon JC. Think the hard work and mental churning of ideas have increased my metabolic rate. Instead of buying half a steamed chicken for a bite, we went to the traditional grocery shop adjacent to the coffeeshop and bought Indomee instant noodles.

Back in my army training in SISPEC at Pulau Tekong, I used to buy Indomee instant noodles for supper whenever there is time to patronise the canteen. During training days, such food, when enjoyed with fellow comrades, acts as morale-boosters.

Another food item that I vividly always remember would be the Milo Bar. I remember that I would always smuggle a bar when there is outfield training. I would also buy a few extra packets to resell to my bunkmates. Those were the days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.